[hibernate-dev] Release Announcement: General Availability of JDK 11

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Sep 27 05:40:48 EDT 2018

Thanks Rory!

we have no specific problems to report, yet users will need to be
aware of some changes but I guess that's of no surprise to you all.

One is that people won't be able to blindly rely on our dependencies
being defined by Maven descriptors, as the dependencies need to be
different on various JVM versions, because e.g. the removal of some
XML parsing modules from the JDK distributions.

Also people will momentarily need to use some flags, as not all our
dependencies are ready for JDK11 yet without the flags, but we expect
this to change now that the release was done.

I'll give it a couple of weeks for our dependencies to settle down on
changes, then we'll likely spin new releases out with better
instructions and a blog.

-- Sanne