[hibernate-dev] Hibernate ORM : format of the version logged on boot

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Feb 17 10:24:24 EST 2020

On Mon, 17 Feb 2020 at 14:20, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:

> I tend to agree with Gail here.  Sure Sanne I understand your view there, but realistically:
> 1) which other ORM jars do you see printing its version?

None, but I'm wondering if we wanted to improve on that.

> 2) when are you expecting that ORM jar versions can be mixed amongst the different modules?

I don't expect that to be "supported", but people might do it, so
having such logs could theoretically help us to spot a misalignment.

I have no strong opinion about this, I just felt more inclined to go
for the more conservative change - especially as I had not heard your
opinion yet: If you prefer to polish this further I have no
objections.

Thanks!