[hibernate-users] Issues with Cascade and Multiple rows

Alex Turner armtuk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 15:54:00 EST 2008

Can somebody point me to a resource, or just plain clue me in on the whole
Cascade thing.  If I don't cascade I get nasty errors about transient
objects, but if I do cascade, I get the same java object saved 6 times
creating 6 rows in the database when I save parts of a collection that
reference the parent.  How can the same identical Java object get persisted
6 seperate times to create 6 different rows?  That to me would seem like
behaviour that was unexpected at least, I didn't expect it!!

Thanks,

Alex