[hibernate-users] total noobie question

brian brw314 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 20:23:05 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm one of those programmers  who prefer  to use notepad or at most
emacs as an editor, believe it or not I written  some large programs
that way.  Now trying hard to come into the modern age of Eclipse and Maven.

I'm trying to run the Hibernate tutorial at:

http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/core/3.3/reference/en/html/tutorial.html#tutorial-firstapp-setup

I put the pom.xml file on that page  and mvn failed to build it...

"dependencies.version is missing" for various things

also

I've installed m2_eclise plug-in and imported the pom.xml file there.
How to I call mvn for this pom.xml from within eclipse?

Thanks!
Brian Wolf