[hibernate-users] Problem with Hibernate Event Listener

Tope Faro topriddy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 12:05:58 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to configure Hibernate Event Listener in a Spring-Hibernate
project. Spring (3.2.3), Hibernate(4.2.1.Final).

The problem I am having is that I have SaveOrUpdate and PreUpdate events
triggered when I load an entity. This is causing issues for me as I cannot
differentiate between a user read event and a save/update event.

Kindly advise on how best to go about this.

@Component
@Log4j
public class TicketHibernateEventListener implements
SaveOrUpdateEventListener, PostLoadEventListener {

    @Inject
    VoucherService voucherService;

    @Override
    public void onSaveOrUpdate(SaveOrUpdateEvent evt) throws
HibernateException {
        log.debug(">>>>>>>onSaveOrUpdate by: " + evt.getEntityName());
    }

    @Override
    public void onPostLoad(PostLoadEvent evt) {
        log.debug(">>>>>>>onPostLoad by: " + evt.getEntity());
    }
}