[infinispan-dev] heuristic transactions & failure recovery

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Sat Apr 4 11:16:09 EDT 2009

Hi,

Current implementation of tx in JBC/infinispan might result in heuristic
transactions: e.g. if the coordinator cannot send an commit message (2nd
phase from 2PC) within a given timeout to some of the participants, this
might results in data being committed on some nodes and rollbacked on
other. Even worse, there is no way to take action and recover from the
failure. Would it make sense to have tx failure recovery  mechanism in
infinispan?  I'm referring  here to something similar to the way DBs work,
i.e. based on an persistent tx logs, external notifications etc? Even
though I didn't see any such request on forums, I guess such a feature
is mandatory for certain systems, e.g. a financial application. Wdyt?

Cheers,
Mircea