[infinispan-dev] First version of JBoss Marshalling based Marshaller

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Apr 14 07:20:13 EDT 2009

On 11 Apr 2009, at 08:16, Bela Ban wrote:

> I suggest you also take a look at performance and the size of te
> marshalled data, compared to the current marshalling code.
>
> I recall we had a bad experience with JBoss Serialization, which
> blew up our data

This is an important point.  We need to make sure we aren't
unnecessarily inflating the number of bytes being transported,
although I seriously doubt we are.  :-)

Perhaps a quick unit test to prove this?  This marshaller [1] in our
test suite is a dummy marshaller that just uses java object streams.
Could be useful to compare resulting byte array sizes against.

[1] http://fisheye.jboss.org/browse/Infinispan/trunk/core/src/test/java/org/infinispan/marshall/ObjectStreamMarshaller.java?r=97

Cheers
manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan