[infinispan-dev] ISPN-30: DIST cache mode

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 08:49:06 EDT 2009

Looks good. A few suggestions though:

    * I'd move the old part (Data Partitioning) to a separate wiki and
      reference it rather than including it
    * The wait time for rehashing is problematic
          o On the good side, we don't have too much rehashing, but...
          o Clients using the old and new view might get stale data when
            we've just rehashed but the client fetched the data from the
            old view
          o In general, I like the idea of 'bundling' views, to avoid
            potentially nenecessary rehashing
          o In case of a GET during a rehashing, maybe simply execute a
            multicast and pick the response with the highest view ID... ?

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team