[infinispan-dev] API behaviour when using DIST

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 10:48:10 EDT 2009

Manik Surtani wrote:
> DIST will always do a get before a write, and this call will be
> synchronous.  (the actual write command will be executed remotely
> either sync or async based on cache mode)

This will slow down asynchronous PUTs a lot, which is bad. Especially if
the putter doesn't care about the return values.
I assume you'll only do this for put(K,V) which returns the prev value ?

So those folks who want async write only and don't care about prev
values have to use putAll(Map) ? That's fine but this needs to be stated
in the docs

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team