[infinispan-dev] Disabled PooledConnectionFactoryTest

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Tue Apr 28 05:51:46 EDT 2009

Manik Surtani wrote:

> On 27 Apr 2009, at 22:26, Mircea Markus wrote:
>
>> Manik Surtani wrote:
>>> Hmm, PooledConnectionFactoryTest still seems disabled:
>>>
>>> Obelix:trunk manik$ bin/findDisabledTests.py
>>> Files containing disabled tests:
>>>
>>> 1. core/src/test/java/org/infinispan/profiling/MemConsumptionTest.java
>>> 2. tree/src/test/java/org/infinispan/profiling/TreeProfileTest.java
>>> 3. core/src/test/java/org/infinispan/profiling/ProfileTest.java
>>> 4. core/src/test/java/org/infinispan/profiling/AbstractProfileTest.java
>>> 5.
>>> cachestore/jdbc/src/test/java/org/infinispan/loader/jdbc/PooledConnectionFactoryTest.java
>>>

>>>      (finished in 0.249939 seconds)
>>> Obelix:trunk manik$
>>>
>>> I understand this is a C3P0 issue, but the bug seems pretty old (> 1
>>> year?) and still not fixed.
>> true
>>> I don't quite understand the specific problem here - could you pls
>>> explain in further detail?  Is it something we can work around?
>> What I did it to compare the stack trace we had with the one in the
>> bug - it is exactly the same.
>> Now, their description of the issue is a complicated race  condition
>> but user complains describe the scenario as a freeze when connections
>> are allocated *immediately* after the pool is created - same as in
>> our test case.
>
> Can't we work around this?  Sleep 100ms after creating the pool in the
> test case?
I've tried even with longer timeouts. The thing is that in test
harness's multi threaded environment, sleeps are not very reliable and
this only reduces the frequency of freeze happening.