[infinispan-dev] 3 XmlConfigurationParser implementations, which one to use?

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Aug 11 07:39:11 EDT 2009

On 11 Aug 2009, at 12:36, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

> On 8/11/09 1:22 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:
>>
>> On 11 Aug 2009, at 10:39, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:
>>
>>> InfinispanConfiguration is JAXB based parser. I will remove the
>>> other two and all related classes.
>>> The details you noticed Galder are intricacies of JAXB parsing. We
>>> should always specify class from now on. I will still look if it
>>> is possible to resolve this and have 100% compatibility with
>>> previous parser - but believe me it is not always possible.
>>
>> Always specifying a class may be unnecessarily verbose.  Sensible
>> defaults wherever possible, remember?
>>

> I do :) but this is different. In some cases we follow a rule that
> if we have xml element present in conf file we use certain defaults
> for attributes and if it is not present then use others. I was
> referring to that case. Apologies for confusion.

Wasn't this about the default Transport impl, which is the
JGroupsTransport?  :)  From Galder's original email:

> For example: If XmlConfigurationParserImpl found a transport element
> but
> transport class, it gave JGroupsTransport as default, hence a cluster
> channel would be created. However, parsing via
> InfinispanConfiguration,
> if no transportClass has been defined, no cluster channel is created.

Basically if someone specifies <transport /> but does not specify the
transportClass attribute, it should still default to the
JGroupsTransport - since that is the sensible default.

Cheers
manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan
Lead, JBoss Cache