[infinispan-dev] XML config validation not happening?

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 11:05:55 EDT 2009

On 8/11/09 5:00 PM, Galder Zamarreno wrote:
> As a side note, I liked the way cache mode was previously configured
> via this combo:
>
> - cache mode: invalidation, replication or distribution
> - and <sync>/<async> elements to indicate whether it's sync or not sync.
>
> If cache mode now incorporates sync/async works on the name itself,
> that means that when switching between sync to async and viceversa,
> you have to change two things, the cache mode name, plus the
> <sync>/<async> XML elements. This duplicity of efforts could lead to
> confusion and wrong doing by the users.

Galder, trust me, I like it that way too! I am not doing this to make
our lives worse :) It is just how JAXB works. I am still trying to
figure out how to enable this. Manik said he would look at it while I
was on vacation but he probably got sidelined.

I will take another look at it tomorrow again.

Cheers mate,
Vladimir