[infinispan-dev] [JBoss JIRA] Created: (ISPN-157) MarshalledValueInterceptor does not override visitEvictCommand

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Fri Aug 14 09:04:32 EDT 2009

Thanks for creating and fixing the JIRA above, Galder.

Here's a further thought - we also need to test the eviction thread
with marshalled values.  Well, not necessarily the eviction *thread*
per-se, but eviction being invoked via the
EvictionManager.processEviction() API - which is used by the eviction
thread as well as any external management thread that may wish to
schedule eviction.

My reason for concern is that this retrieves keys in order of
evictability by querying the data container (which is ordered)
directly.  Now if these keys are marshalled values, what happens when
the EvictionManager calls cache.evict(key)?  What *should* happen is
that the MarshalledValueInerceptor detects that the key is a
marshalled value already, and does not bother with further wrapping
and unwrapping.

However I don't think we currently have a unit test for this.

Cheers
Manik

manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan