[infinispan-dev] [hibernate-dev] Infinispan tx, config and multithreading

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 13:08:33 EDT 2009

Yes let's keep it simple for know, even if I think Manik's suggestion
should work: if the IndexWriter will do reads it can use a
"Future-like" pattern to make the other thread return values
maintaining order of transformations applied to the index).
The IndexWriter must be able to maintain a coherent state by internal
concurrency, otherwise it won't work on filesystems, so if we trust
that and guarantee to process the tasks he (the IndexWriter) assigns
in the order he asked to process them, it should be ok.

I used org.hibernate.search.batchindexing.ProducerConsumerQueue to
"pipeline" changes in batch mode, it could be useful for this too when
you'll want to remove the SerialMergeScheduler limitation.