[infinispan-dev] Query module new API and configurations

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Aug 25 08:27:52 EDT 2009

On 25 Aug 2009, at 12:31, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:

>> is that to create a lucene query then you need to do the work of
>> creating up a QueryParser and stuff like that. This is the bit that
>> I'd like to avoid.
>
> I agree with ou it's annoying (though you don't need a QP
> necessarily). I do think the DSL approach will work best.

A DSL would work, but I'd rather not define our own language here.
Which is why I asked for a standard.  Perhaps something based on SQL/
JPA-QL?  Or are you thinking  DSL specific to Lucene - which could be
used by any/all of {Lucene, Hibernate Search, Infinispan}?  In which
case the DSL should ideally be a Lucene project.

>> Is it too round-about / tricky / yucky if we the user is to provide
>> the specific class of the query? Or is that what you were
>> suggesting anyway Manik?
>>
>> e.g.: -
>> 		CacheQuery cq = new
>> QueryFactory
>> (cache).getQuery(org.apache.lucene.query.BooleanQuery.class);
>
> Well but then how do you pass each side which are Lucene queries
> themselves.

Yeah just the class isn't enough.  The class would need to be "set up"
appropriately, and how you "set up" the query is different for
different instances.

Cheers
manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan