[infinispan-dev] mvn improvements

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Sat Aug 29 11:08:18 EDT 2009

Hi,

Following some guidelines from "Mvn the definitive guide" I've
factorized common libraries parent pom.xml(log4j and xstrem) - this
will allow us to change the version identifier during upgrades in a
single place, rather than in several.
I also reduced dependency for each module: each module depends by
default by easymock, easymockextension and testng. All other 'shared'
artifacts were moved to dependecyManagent (from dependency).
Some unused dependencies (mvn dependecy:analyze) were removed.
Please let me know if you see any build issues.

And a question: what is the purpose of having a parent pom.xml and
<root>/pom.xml -> can't the <root>/pom.xml be the parent?

Cheers,
Mircea