[infinispan-dev] Infinispan and Google app engine

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Tue Dec 1 03:36:59 EST 2009

Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:
> Manik and I went back and forth and decided to put this sub project on a
> back burner at this moment. Even though we could accommodate GAE's
> thread restriction it turns out that GAE sandbox restrictions involve
> several apis that we use (JAXB, JMX, JNDI among others) and retrofitting
> Infinispan into this tight sandbox would be a headache. There is a
> strong comunity push to unrestrict these API and it seems pressures from
> community would eventually be successful.

+1.

I don't think GAE will be as successful as for example EC2 if they only
support a subset of the JDK libraries. And +1 to build up pressure on
them to support the full JDK libs.

Currently, it seems Google only wants to host apps, not middleware (they
do that themselves)...

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team