[infinispan-dev] Infinispan and Google app engine

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Tue Dec 1 04:56:24 EST 2009

Manik Surtani wrote:
>> do that themselves)...
> Currently, it seems Google only wants to host apps, not middleware (they
>
> Absolutely - GAE is a PaaS. That doesn't make them any less relevant
> or important though - if anything, more important (easier end-user
> experience, simpler deployment and maintenance -> more popular in the
> long run?).

I don't disagree. I'm just saying Google obviously doesn't want anybody
else to get into their middleware business. The way it looks currently,
all we can do is provide a JSR107 comliant hashmap with eviction and
concurrency control (MVCC). I don't think that's much value add on top
of what Google already offers with memcached

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team