[infinispan-dev] unresolved dependency?

Michael Neale michael.neale at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 20:29:39 EST 2009

Hah - once I saw the section on deploying it - I didn't scroll further.

OK having that, I still get a problem (has anyone done a mvn clean
install recently?):

Project ID: org.rhq.helpers:rhq-helpers:pom:null
Reason: Cannot find parent: org.rhq:rhq-parent for project:
org.rhq.helpers:rhq-helpers:pom:null for project
org.rhq.helpers:rhq-helpers:pom:null

Also:

1) We have the repositories setup in parent/pom.xml - so around line
313 we can add  <releases>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
          </releases>
          <snapshots>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
          </snapshots>
And it will work - no requiring people to muck with their global
settings.xml if they just want to build (as opposed to release)

2) Should we be depending on a non released snapshot in CR stage? Can
we have a release or have the unfinished stuff moved to a branch (or
module that isn't part of parent build?)

Michael.

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Manik Surtani <manik at jboss.org> wrote:
> Yeah until rhq-pluginAnnotations has a proper release, you need to add the snapshots repo in your maven settings.xml:
>
>        http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/infinispan/trunk/README-Maven.txt (see section 1.4)
>
> Cheers
> Manik
>

> On 1 Dec 2009, at 07:52, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
>

>> Am 01.12.2009 um 08:23 schrieb Michael Neale:
>>
>>> I am trying to do an install (clean) and I get the following problem:
>>>
>>> [INFO] Unable to find resource
>>> 'org.rhq.helpers:rhq-pluginAnnotations:jar:1.4.0-SNAPSHOT' in
>>> repository scala-tools.org (http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases)
>>
>> That should be in the jboss snapshots repo
>>
>> <snapshotRepository>
>>      <id>jboss-snapshots</id>
>>      <name>JBoss Snapshot Repository</name>
>>      <url>dav:https://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2/</url>
>>    </snapshotRepository>
>>

>> --
>> Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach bei München
>> Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München HRB 153243
>> Geschaeftsführer: Brendan Lane, Charlie Peters, Michael Cunningham, Charles Cachera

> Manik Surtani
> manik at jboss.org
> Lead, Infinispan
> Lead, JBoss Cache