[infinispan-dev] Ability to retrieve a JChannel via multiplexer stack name, where is it gone?

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Wed Dec 2 07:58:07 EST 2009

On 1 Dec 2009, at 12:52, Galder Zamarreno wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Re: "* I'm adding the Infinispan 2nd level cache provider to existing
> servers that already use JGroups. Should I set Infinispan to use the
> same JGroups cluster, or should I use two separate cluster names?" FAQ
>
> Where is the ability to get a JChannel via multiplexerStack gone? I
> don't see any reference to such XML configuration property. Is this
> supposed to be hiding behind an
> org.infinispan.remoting.transport.jgroups.JGroupsChannelLookup
> implementation? I can only see a dummy implementation for it currently.

You mean the ability to inject a running Channel into Infinispan so Infinispan doesn't create one?  See

	https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/ISPN-185

The JGroups Multiplexer is deprecated, BTW.  You should configure JGroups with a shared transport for such cases.

Cheers
manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan
Lead, JBoss Cache