[infinispan-dev] Infinispan S3 Cluster + Store Success ! (+serious performance problems)

Elias Ross genman at noderunner.net
Wed Dec 2 14:26:09 EST 2009

There is an async cache store wrapper, or at least there was one for
JBoss Cache, which would in fact queue and batch up all the
modifications at once. I'm not sure how this would necessarily help S3
perform better as I believe each put requires a separate HTTP request
and response. Check out the config guide.

The old S3 cache loader I worked on used the Apache HTTP Client and I
believe had some sort of HTTP connection pooling configured, though I
don't know how well it worked. As a point of comparison, you could
resurrect and port the old JBoss Cache S3 cache loader to Infinispan.
You can find this code in SVN for JBoss Cache.