[infinispan-dev] [patch] Unit test to highlight potential performance and cache eviction issues in distributed mode

Juha Heljoranta juha.heljoranta at iki.fi
Mon Dec 7 10:50:12 EST 2009

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying. The eviction policy seems to make sense.

I still get test failure when running a test with L1 cache disabled. I added
an assertion check for the cache put/get operations to detect timeout. And
this is what I'm constantly getting:
java.lang.AssertionError: Cache get took 15002 milliseconds (timeout=2000)
key=L1DisabledAsymmetricClusterTest-28.

Could you try to re-run the test? I've enclosed an improved version of the
patch. Also, if you still cannot reproduce the issue, please try to increase
cacheEntriesNum in AbstractAsymmetricClusterTest.

In case increasing of the cacheEntriesNum doesn't affect it might help to
change TestCacheManagerFactory.createClusteredCacheManager() to
GlobalConfiguration.getClusteredDefault() in AbstractAsymmetricClusterTest
temporarily and see does it make any difference.

I'm running the test via Eclipse TestNG plugin.
The JVM options are:
-Dbind.address=127.0.0.1 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
My development machine is a few years old laptop with dual core processor and
4 GiB ram. The Java version is:
java version "1.6.0_0"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.6) (fedora-30.b16.fc11-x86_64)

Regards,
Juha Heljoranta