[infinispan-dev] Hot Rod - pt2

Galder Zamarreno galder at redhat.com
Mon Dec 14 15:08:48 EST 2009

Hi all,

Re: http://community.jboss.org/wiki/HotRodProtocol

I've updated the wiki with the following stuff:
- Renamed replaceIfEquals to replaceIfUnmodified
- Added remove and removeIfUnmodified.
- Added containsKey command.
- Added getWithCas command so that cas value can be returned. I decided
for a separate command rather than adding cas to get return because you
don't always want cas to be returned. Having a separate command makes
better use of network bandwith.
- Added stats command. JMX attributes are basically accessible through
this, including cache size.
- Added error handling section and updated status codes.

Note that Mircea added some interesting comments and I replied to them
directly in the wiki.

Still remaining to add:
- Commands: putForExternalRead evict, clear, version, name and quite
commands.
- Passing flags.

Regards,

p.s. Updating this has been quite a struggle due to F12 + FF 3.5.5
crashing at least 5 times, plus parts of the wiki dissapearing after
publishing them!
Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache