[infinispan-dev] problems with AS 5.1 and infinispan REST server

Michael Neale michael.neale at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 22:36:45 EST 2009

Thanks to Noel O'Connor, it seems (to be confirmed) this is to to the
marshalling (?) jar having a jboss-classloading.xml in its META-INF -
AS 5.1 took that and completely broke its classloading so much that it
couldn't even find HttpServlet (!).

So, if this is the case:

1) why is that file in the marshalling jar? (doesn't need to be there)
2) I need to raise a bug against 5.1 as this shouldn't happen (and
didn't in 4.x etc) ?

Anyone know better?

FYI seems ok in JBossWeb - in fact for an infinispan server node
(RESTful or otherwise), it would most likely want to use as much
resources as were available to it - so a whole app server is probably
overkill - so thinking that we could package it up (optionally) inside
jboss web type of thing (which starts up fast and easy and has all the
bits needed).

--
Michael D Neale
home: www.michaelneale.net