[infinispan-dev] using dependencyManagement in pom.xml

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 06:47:24 EST 2009

Hi all,
some days ago I mentioned in IRC that some modules were using
inconsistent versions if dependencies,
I had then proposed to move some version properties from core to
parent pom, but these properties are not visible in child poms,
so went for another road.

The usual way to implement this in Maven is to use
<dependencyManagement> and define there the versions which have to be
pinned down
globally; This affects some poms. I'm not moving all versions to
parent, as many modules are depending on stuff
not relevant to other modules, but moved most common dependencies to
dependencyManagement tag in root pom.

Should I apply this, or anybody see problems? I don't know if there
was a specific reason to not use dependencyManagement.
patch is attached so you can see what I'm referring to.

Cheers,
Sanne