[infinispan-dev] Document all configuration options available in XML

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Mon Jul 6 14:06:57 EDT 2009

The reason why it makes sense as a formal Javadoc Doclet is that tools
that support Javadoc will also support this Doclet.  E.g., Maven's
document generation plugins.

Regarding classpaths, this is a simple workaround - make sure the doc
generation is done by the aggregate pom in the project root.  This
way, all dependent modules are automagically generated and added to
the classpath before the javadoc plugin is executed.

Your best bet would be to have a look at the jmxdoc profile I have in
the root pom.xml, and copy this out to your own configdoc profile in
the same pom.

I have a shell script in bin/generateJmxDocs.sh which runs maven with
the necessary switches to enable the necessary profiles.  A similar
bin/generateConfigDocs.sh script would do the trick for you.  :-)

Cheers
Manik