[infinispan-dev] draft of infinispan tutorial

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Tue Jul 7 05:39:27 EDT 2009

Good stuff!

Some notes:
re:
http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/InstallingInfinispantutorialenvironment
- I think it would be useful for this document to link to
http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/Infinispaninteractivetutorial.
   Users might reach it through a wiki search, and this document does
not make sense outside of the scope of the other one.
- Setting the classpath - instead of that, the users can copy
sample-configurations.xml  and infinispan-config-4.0.xsd straight to
same place where infinispantest.groovy was downloaded AND run the sample
from same directory. This way we won't have to add the files to the
classpath, reload/restart console etc

re:http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/Infinispaninteractivetutorial

I think the example you give with regard to transaction spotted out a
possible bug. I've created a JIRA to check/fix that:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/ISPN-122

|groovy:000> tm.begin()
===> null
//PUTTING SOME OBJECTS INSIDE THE CACHE
groovy:000> localTxCache.put(key1, value1)
===> null
//MMM SIZE DOESN'T INCREMENT

||//!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [mmarkus]BUG - size should be seen as 1 in the call bellow!|

|groovy:000> localTxCache.size()
===> 0
//LETS TRY AGAIN
groovy:000> localTxCache.put(key2, value2)
===> null
//MMM NOTHING..
groovy:000> localTxCache.size()|

Thanks,