[infinispan-dev] Running GUI from Eclipse

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Jul 7 07:39:26 EDT 2009

On 26 Jun 2009, at 17:57, Galder Zamarreno wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Running the GUI demo from Eclipse throws an NPE:

> 	at org.infinispan.demo.InfinispanDemo.<init>(InfinispanDemo.java:100)
> 	at org.infinispan.demo.InfinispanDemo.main(InfinispanDemo.java:89)
>
> It's clear that IntelliJ does some kind of magic underneath with
> InfinispanDemo.form but I haven't been able to figure out yet. If
> anyone has seen this b4 and knows how to get such UI running from
> Eclipse, help would be appreciated. Maybe something related to the
> magic done by https://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/tags/ideauidesigner-maven-plugin-1.0-alpha-2/
>  ?
>
> Alternatively, does anyone know how to enable the right logging to
> see why IntelliJ classes are not doing what's needed?

Sadly (and purely my fault) the GUI demo is tied to IntelliJ and uses
IntelliJ tooling to generate stuff.  Sorry, just not a GUI programmer
and was looking for a quick way to get an effective GUI up and running.

The Maven build does build the sources to a usable executable even if
you don't have IntelliJ though.

If you - or anyone else - knows of/is interested in porting this to a
more IDE-agnostic mechanism, be my guest.
manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan
Lead, JBoss Cache
http://www.infinispan.org