[infinispan-dev] Why does ClusteredGetResponseValidityFilter maintain pendingResponders?

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Jul 7 08:03:11 EDT 2009

On 7 Jul 2009, at 08:03, Galder Zamarreno wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Why does ClusteredGetResponseValidityFilter maintain a list of
> pendingResponders? Wouldn't it be more efficient if
> needMoreResponses() returned as soon as one positive response has
> been received regardless of who's pending to return anything? I'm
> assuming here that SuccessfulResponse means that the clustered get
> returned what we're trying to get.

IIRC this was an issue where if we hadn't seen any valid responses,
JGroups would timeout.  So needMoreReponses() needed to return true at
some point, and in this case that point is if we don't have a valid
response AND there are more pending responders.

This may not be the case anymore with JGroups 2.8 though.