[infinispan-dev] Hibernate Search alternative Directory distribution

Łukasz Moreń lukasz.moren at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 12:10:52 EDT 2009

> 1. share the same grid cache between the master and the slaves

Infinispan has a flat structure. The key has to contain:

 - the index name

 - the chunk name

Both with essentially be the unique identifier.

I suppose in this idea all indexes are stored in a one single grid. What
about one Infinispan grid per directory, similarly to RAMDirectory or
FSDirectory? IMHO it could make some simplifications i.e. in metadata or key
names.
Are there any Infinispan drawbacks to have a high number of caches in the
network? Sharing JGroups channels can help in that?

_
Lukasz