[infinispan-dev] Clustering mode attribute

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 06:36:42 EDT 2009

Hey dudes,

Ambiguity that we allow in attribute mode of <clustering> element is not
good IMHO. Normally, we use allowedValues attribute of
ConfigurationElement annotation to capture that the type even though is
a String or int or whatever only allows only certain set of values. We
constrain properly locking, shutdownHook and what not. However, for mode
attribute in <clustering> we allow all possible combination of
substrings, upper caps, lower caps and what not.

I was wondering if we can constrain the allowed values to LOCAL,
INVALIDATION, REPL, and DIST. Presence of either <async> or <sync>
subelement of <clustering> determines if it is synchronous or not.

Having these clear constraints will be automatically documented in
configuration reference and reflected in generated schema. The downside
is that current alpha customers that created their own configuration
files will have to change their values to new ones.

WDYT?

Vladimir