[infinispan-dev] Infinispan Persistence Manager and JBoss Messaging Journal

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu Jul 30 10:54:32 EDT 2009

On 30 Jul 2009, at 15:47, Clebert Suconic wrote:

> Just one question (that was on the original post)
>

> What is this fromStrem and toStream. How they translate to records?
>
> if you exaplain how it works on the BDB example... I will know how
> to translate that to the JBMJournal example.

Basically this is to facilitate easy state transfer, where one node
may pull state from its cache store - but since this is for streaming,
there is no need to deserialize this stream.  The recipient then
passes this stream direct to its local store which would then persist
it.  If you have a look at any of the implementations or the stream
unit tests in BaseCacheStoreTest, that would help you understand the
API better.

Cheers
manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan