[infinispan-dev] JMX stuff in infinispan

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Wed Mar 25 08:16:41 EDT 2009

When running the test suite I see:

	WARN  [ComponentsJmxRegistration] (pool-1-thread-9) Jmx domain
already in use

Is this as severe a problem as a WARN?  It should be entirely possible
that people register > 1 cache managers with the same MBean Server.
Perhaps rather than log such a severe warning, we should use a counter
if the domain is repeated?  E.g.,

	jmxDomain:<managerInstanceNumber>:global:<componentName>
	jmxDomain:<managerInstanceNumber>:<cachename>:<componentName>

WDYT?

Cheers
Manik

On 25 Mar 2009, at 10:45, Mircea Markus wrote:

> Manik Surtani wrote:
>>
>> On 25 Mar 2009, at 06:22, Mircea Markus wrote:
>>
>>> implementation finished.
>>> Following features were added, compared with JBossCache:
>>> 1) jmx domain care be specified now.
>>> 2) an MBeanServer lookup can be configured, to lookup the server
>>> on which the components will be registered - in prev version the
>>> PlatformMBeanServer was hardcoded (now it's only an default)
>>> 3) missing unit tests were added for all the annotated MBeans
>>> 4) jmx is now configured in two places:
>>>  - in global section: to enable exposure of shared information
>>> (rpc manager info, cache manager info)
>>>  e.g <globalJmxStatistics enabled="true" jmxDomain="infinispan"
>>> mBeanServerLookup="org.infinispan.jmx.PerThreadMBeanServerLookup" />
>>>
>>>  - for each cache, where cache specific info is configured(mainly
>>> interceptors, which now are cache specific)
>>> e.g. <jmxStatistics enabled="false"/>
>>
>> How are objects registered in JMX?  I'm guessing
>> jmxDomain:<component> for stuff on the cache manager, and
>> jmxDomain:<cacheName>:<component> for cache-level components?
> jmxDomain:global: [component name] for cache manager stuff
> for cache level is as you mentioned.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Manik
>>
>> --