[infinispan-dev] Eviction overhaul

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Mar 31 06:57:38 EDT 2009

Hello all.

I have finished my work with the eviction code in Infinispan, here is a
summary of what has happened.

 From a user perspective (including API and configuration) as well as
a design overview, please have a look at

	http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-13449

 From an implementation perspective, have a look at the srcs of
FIFODataContainer and LRUDataContainer.  These two classes are where
everything happens.  The javadocs should explain the details, but in a
nutshell you can expect constant time operations for all puts, gets,
removes, iterations.  :-)

Feedback on the impls would be handy.  :-)

Cheers
Lead, JBoss Cache
http://www.jbosscache.org
manik at jboss.org