[infinispan-dev] evict

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Mon May 4 05:57:12 EDT 2009

The evict call should not happen within the context of a transaction
(I don't see why this should ever happen).  It would ideally be called
by a maintenance thread (either our own eviction thread or a user
controlled one) but the sole purpose of this operation is to trim down
memory usage and not to actually change the state in the system (this
is why it doesn't affect cache stores).  If the javadocs around this
aren't as clear, could you please update them?

Thanks
Manik