[infinispan-dev] First working version of lock/unlock API

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Wed May 13 10:12:50 EDT 2009

On 12 May 2009, at 21:36, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

> Hey Manik,
>
> Do not need Mircea's help. I turned on debugger and went to
> investigate why I was getting NPEs in those invocations. So now I
> have first working version of locking/unlocking working with
> transactions (see SyncReplLockingTest). Will add more tests and
> continue to play with this one.

By way of tests you want to make sure:

1.  Concurrent non-tx writes on the same node are held back by the lock
2.  Concurrent non-tx writes on a different node are held back by the
lock
3.  As 1 but with concurrent tx writes
4.  As 2 but with concurrent tx writes
5.  Test that locks are released on commit even if there is no
explicit unlock()
6.  As 5 but with rollback
7.  Test that locks are released on unlock if the key is not modified
in the tx
8.  Test that locks are NOT released despite unlock if the key is
modified in the tx.  Should only unlock on commit/rollback in this case.

The above should also be tested with Invalidation as well as
Distribution.

And of course then there is the implicit eager locking on
transactions, as you mention.  :-)