[infinispan-dev] Re: JProfiler snapshots for Infinispan+JBMAR

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Wed May 13 18:02:19 EDT 2009

On 13 May 2009, at 21:28, David M. Lloyd wrote:

>  - This object is predefined = 1 byte
>  - This is the custom ID of the predefined object = 1 byte
>  - This is the custom object data = N bytes

Can't the first 2 be combined into a single byte?  That's what I do in
my hand-wired marshaller.  I assume that all objects are predefined,
and use a special, reserved 'custom ID' to denote that the object is
*not* predefined.  Basically, I serialize a boolean into 2 bytes.

manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan
Lead, JBoss Cache
http://www.infinispan.org