[infinispan-dev] MBeans (was Management interface)

Heiko W.Rupp hwr at redhat.com
Sat May 16 08:08:39 EDT 2009

Am 16.05.2009 um 11:13 schrieb Manik Surtani:

>> If a cache could have a run state that is expressed by the xx in
>> 'myCustomCache(xx)',
>
> Run state?  You referring to cache mode?  Yes, this can be expressed
> as a separate MBean.  Perhaps the Configuration should be an MBean
> so that you get this

Probably cache mode :) But then it is sort of a state, when it can
change dynamically.  Putting dynamic information in the
MBean name is a PITA (we have seen that with the MDB - https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-1568
  ) if this prevents the unique
identification of this entry (over time).
I was thinking, that the (local) could change as a result of an api
call to (global) - in this case I think it would be better to put
(local) and (global) in an Mbean attribute.

Also on the CacheManager this cache is identified as
'myCustomCache(created)' while in the MBean names it is
'myCustomCache(local)',
which is IMO not consistent.

> plus any other config information via JMX.

It will be definitively a plus if configuration would be available via
JMX as this allows to display this in Jopr and also allow to
change it from there.

   Heiko