[infinispan-dev] Implicit locking

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Mon May 25 07:37:40 EDT 2009

Had a bit more discussion on this topic with Mircea and I wanted to get
your possible input. I can foresee two ways we can implement this
feature. First, in CacheDelegate for each write command we simply invoke
lock in case operation is done within transactional context and eager
locking is on.  Second, Mircea suggested to augment TxInterceptor
(probably within shouldEnlist branch of enlistWriteAndInvokeNext method)
where we create LockControlCommand and send it down the stack prior to
sending intercepted write command down the stack.

Another requirement is not to repeatedly send LCC command around the
cluster for write operation that already caused locks to be obtained
eagerly around the cluster. I think this requirement can be handled
within LockInterceptor#visitLockControlCommand thus hiding the
complexity away from possible invocation of LockControlCommand from
either CacheDelegate or TxInterceptor.

WDYT?

Cheers,
Vladimir