[infinispan-dev] JGroups 2.7 and 2.8 work with Infinispan now

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Fri May 29 03:10:09 EDT 2009

Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:
> On 5/28/09 4:56 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:
>> e it a try as well! I suggest we move to 2.8 sooner than later.
>> Currently, with tcp and 2.7 I get 0 failures and with 2.8 I get 9
>> faliures.
>> That's something!
>> The way I see it we are kind of trapped: on one hand we cannot fix
>> NBST without a JGroups fix, and JGroups fix can only be performed on
>> 2.8, and we cannot go live with it.
>> When is 2.8 scheduled for going GA? Vladimir, the fix you intend to
>> implement still binds us to FLUSH? If yes, we can also consider
>> another fix to the issue (to drop FLUSH) and we won't depend upon
>> JGroups release this way.
> Mircea, if you have a solution that does not depend on FLUSH I think
> that is the best way to go. Eventually, you'll have to drop FLUSH
> anyway, at least that's what Manik wanted. I'll see with Bela to
> augment FLUSH to cache those in-between messages anyway.
One solution I had in mind is:
original view {A,B,C}
- A continuously broadcast messages
- D starts joining
- A receives the new view: {A,B,C,D}
- A multicasts to {A,B,C}
- D finishes the join (view install,state transfer) and sends and
broadcasts an JoinCompleteMessage
- A receives JoinCompleteMessage, and from now on broadcasts messages