[infinispan-dev] JGroups 2.7 and 2.8 work with Infinispan now

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Fri May 29 03:47:01 EDT 2009

On 5/29/09 9:10 AM, Mircea Markus wrote:
> One solution I had in mind is:
> original view {A,B,C}
> - A continuously broadcast messages
> - D starts joining
> - A receives the new view: {A,B,C,D}
> - A multicasts to {A,B,C} - D finishes the join (view install,state
> transfer) and sends and broadcasts an JoinCompleteMessage
> - A receives JoinCompleteMessage, and from now on broadcasts messages

Yeah I think this is fine. JoinCompleteMessage can even be async. View
installation is synchronous, all members have to ack the view. So by the
time JoinCompleteMessage broadcast is seen by any member all other
members are guaranteed to have installed the view.

This is essentially the same as stop flush except there is no
requirement to order stop flush message (JoinCompleteMessage) and any
messages sent by any member after receiving stop flush. Problem with
stop flush is that we have to order view, unblock, any subsequent
message. Here you can relax that requirement.