[infinispan-dev] Module configuration proposal

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Wed Nov 4 14:43:36 EST 2009

On 09-11-04 1:51 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:
> It's not that I anticipate changes, it's more a case of introducing
> major changes in a late-stage CR.  :)  Then again, we've already done
> that with ISPN-251, etc...

My gut feeling is that we go forward and implement this feature, I think
it is worth it. As soon as 4.0 is out everybody out there can write
their extension modules, experiment with extending Infinispan and so on.
We use query module as our test bunny and a guidance to others how to
extend Infinispan! For a little GA delay we get a big payoff. I doubt
that we are going to introduce some major instability. I've already
implemented module configuration loading, just have to convert it to
look for this property file. The change is not major, and ISPN-245 does
not look too hard. Maybe you can take ISPN-245? You could do it in a day
or so since you are familiar with that code inside out....

What does everyone else think?