[infinispan-dev] Module configuration proposal

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Sun Nov 8 15:23:26 EST 2009

On 09-11-08 11:01 AM, Manik Surtani wrote:
> Well, even if the module extension is in the cfg XML file, core doesn't know how to parse it and it may be disabled.

I am thinking end user deployment scenario, not our current setup. End
user deployment is going to have both core and module jars on
classpath.  As soon as module.cfg (or whatever we call it) is found on
classpath it will potentially modify *every* cache created in that
setup.  That is dangerous IMO and not something deployer intends to do!

> IMO the lifecycle callbacks should happen anyway.  It is up to the lifecycle implementor to decide whether to do anything or just be a no-op (if not enabled, etc).

Again, I think this is *not* up to module developer to decide but up to
end user creating a final cache setup deployment.....