[infinispan-dev] Query order question

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Mon Nov 23 16:08:13 EST 2009

On 20 Nov 2009, at 23:44, Bryan Grunow wrote:

> When running a local query against a FIFODataContainer I get the results back in FIFO order.  Is this guaranteed?

No this is not.  For example your query may have additional ordering rules.  If you see stuff in FIFO, this is purely coincidental.

>  If not do you think it’s possible for 4.1 when queries are officially supported?

Lucene maintains the indexes and performs searching - so we would need to look at Lucene and see if it supports a default FIFO, etc ordering.  Navin/Emmanuel/Sanne - would either of you know off the top of your head?

Cheers
Manik

manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan