[infinispan-dev] Query iterator question

Navin Surtani nsurtani at redhat.com
Mon Nov 23 16:38:46 EST 2009

On 23 Nov 2009, at 21:23, Manik Surtani wrote:

> This is a known issue - but we are going to have this resolved
> before the next CR release.

Yeah this is a known issue - and we're gonna work on having this
solved ASAP.

> 	https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/ISPN-287
>
> Cheers
> Manik
>
> On 20 Nov 2009, at 23:38, Bryan Grunow wrote:
>
>> I didn’t get an answer on the message board so I figured I’d try
>> here.
>>
>> I can only get query results from the cache if the key in the cache
>> is a String.

Yup that's right, I will update the wiki as well so that other users
do not have this problem.

>> I looked at the code in LazyIterator (I didn't check EagerIterator
>> since it fails so I'm assuming the code is similar) and there is a
>> line that retrieves the documentId from the extractor and casts it
>> as a String.
>>
>> The cast works but the documentId (the key) is entered in the cache
>> as an Integer so the lookup fails. The result count is correct so I
>> know it finds the results correctly but the lookup fails so I get a
>> null in the iterator.

Again, yes this will happen because you will try and do a cache.get()
on the String representation of your integer as opposed to the integer
itself. Hence the Cache will return you a null :-).

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Bryan
>> This transmission (including any attachments) may contain
>> confidential information, privileged material (including material
>> protected by the solicitor-client or other applicable privileges),
>> or constitute non-public information. Any use of this information
>> by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
>> have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply
>> to the sender and delete this information from your system. Use,
>> dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission
>> by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.

> Manik Surtani
> manik at jboss.org
> Lead, Infinispan
> Lead, JBoss Cache