[infinispan-dev] RpcManagerImpl stats confusion

Galder Zamarreno galder at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 07:19:08 EST 2009

Hi Manik et al,

What's the difference between RpcManagerImpl.replicationCount and
RpcManagerImpl.numReplications?

numReplications is only updated when retrieveState() is called. Maybe
you wanted to call it, numberStateTransfersRequested?

Similar thing happens for totalReplicationTime, it's only updated in
retrieveState(), so maybe you wanted to call it, totalStateTransferTime?

Both numReplications and totalReplicationTime produce
getAverageReplicationTime() which as it is currently, it's rather
confusing. It should say: getAverageStateTransferTime().

We probably wanna add to this a totalReplicationTime though that is
updated in invokeRemotely(), in the same way that replicationCount is
updated. That way we could certainly provider a reliable
getAverageReplicationTime()

Thoughts?
Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache