[infinispan-dev] getAsync() missing?

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 02:10:46 EST 2009

For a Lucene Directory optimization;
Instead of fetching needed data just-in-time I was planning to do some
prefetching: it's easy to predict just before some not-so-trivial
methods which data I'm going to need next - like when scrolling on a
huge byte array we have scattered into several keys - so I was
planning to use a getAsync() method as soon as we feel it's likely to
need that value too soon.
Like putAsync() does exist I was naturally expecting getAsync() to
exist too, but it appears the get methods are missing from the async
APIs?
What would you think of adding them?

In alternative I could make use of a streaming API, but this would
likely be implemented in a similar shape?

Cheers,
Sanne