[infinispan-dev] The reason(s) why we have so many threads are spawned in the testsuite

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Mon Oct 12 05:43:30 EDT 2009

On 10/12/2009 11:29 AM, Manik Surtani wrote:

> On 9 Oct 2009, at 16:57, Galder Zamarreno wrote:

>>> ExecutorService#submit(Callable)<---- profiler shows thread is
>>> blocked here
>>> RPCManagerImpl#invokeRemotelyInFuture
>
> This can't be about the pool size being too small.  I'll have a look,
> I'm going to be revamping the dist tests this week anyway.

If using a TPE, I don't see anything in AbstractExecutorService.submit()
(that's the impl used by TPE) that could block, so that what's I
suggested the pool size thing. Having had a deeper look, rather than
blocking, the execution would be rejected if the worker count goes over
the max, so that wouldn't block.

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache