[infinispan-dev] [ISPN-153] Binding Cache/CacheManager to JNDI

Galder Zamarreno galder at redhat.com
Fri Oct 16 07:29:28 EDT 2009

Hi,

Re: https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/ISPN-153

Apart from testing itself, does it make sense to include the ability of
binding to JNDI, using org.jboss.util.naming.NonSerializableFactory to
to bind a non-serializable object into a local JNDI context, within
Infinispan itself?

So, I'm thinking that we could have a <jndi name="xyz"/> configuration
option both at the global level (for Cache Manager) and at the Cache
level. So,

- if <jndi/> was present in the global section, we'd bind CacheManager
to java:CacheManager

- if <jndi name="xyz"/> was present in the global section, we'd bind
CacheManager to java:xyz

- if <jndi/> was present in the cache section, we'd bind Cache to
java:<name-of-the-cache>

- if <jndi name="xyz"/> was present in the cache section, we'd bind
Cache to java:xyz

This should, in theory, ease JNDI binding in AS and other apps servers
without the need of extra code in those environments.

Thoughts? Brian, would you find this useful?

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache