[infinispan-dev] Change AbstractInfinispanTest.nullifyInstanceFields method name to zzzNullifyInstanceFields

Galder Zamarreno galder at redhat.com
Mon Oct 19 12:38:24 EDT 2009

Vladimir told me in a private email that this was the case.

Maybe I've rushed but I went ahead and removed it. In fact, no one
overrides preCreate() except the newly added BindingTest and after
removing this dependency stuff, I could simply define a @BeforeClass in
BindingTest and was executed before parent class without probs.

On 10/19/2009 06:22 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:
> Please be careful about this - I'm sure the dependsOnMethods field was
> set for a reason.  Mircea, care to comment?
>
> On 19 Oct 2009, at 16:27, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

>>> I'm not kidding and I'm sure :)
>>>
>>> I've just committed it, r969. Do an svn updated, revert to the
>>> AbstractInfinispanTest.nullifyInstanceFields and run
>>> org.infinispan.jndi.BindingTest and you'll see an NPE being thrown in
>>> the preDestroy() method.
>>>

>> destroyAfterClass in SingleCacheManagerTest with its dependsOnMethods
>> annotation field is throwing the order off. If you remove
>> dependsOnMethods field and remove preDestroy method in
>> SingleCacheManagerTest everything works as expected. Try it yourself.
>>
>> These dependsOnMethods annotation fields complicate things for no
>> reason. If we do not use them the order of invocation of @AfterClass
>> methods is always from the leaf all the way up to ancestor.

> Manik Surtani
> manik at jboss.org
> Lead, Infinispan
> Lead, JBoss Cache